The Stanford Baptist Church located on 204 Church Street om Stanford,Kentucky had its beginning on November 20th, 1852, when a small group of people met at the Stanford Christian Church to give consideration to the constituting a Baptist Church in Stanford. The service of worship was conducted by the Rev. Jepe C. Portman. On December 4th, 1852, the church to be known as the First Baptist Church was constituted with twelve members. As early as 1856, plans were made to build the first building of the Stanford Baptist Church. The first meeting house was completed on November 12th, 1859. The second structure was erected in 1883 and early 1884 with a service of dedication being held on March 2nd, 1884. A two story educational wing, was completed in 1954, providing class room space for Sunday School. On July 12th, 1970 the last service was held in the old sanctuary. On May 2nd, 1971 the first service was held in the present sanctuary with the pastor Carson Bevil presiding.